- The Great Toronto Tree Hunt
- LEAF Learning Garden
- Let It Bee
- Maple Leaf Forever Tree
- Urban Forest Demonstration Gardens
- Urban Wood Utilization
- Young Urban Forest Leaders Program
- Youth EAB Ambassador Program
- Past Projects
“THE GREAT TORONTO TREE HUNT” CONTEST RULES
1. CONTEST PERIOD: “The Great Toronto Tree Hunt” Contest (the “Contest”) closes at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on May 31, 2015 (“Contest End Date”). The Sponsor of the Contest is Local Enhancement and Appreciation of Forests (“LEAF”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to all permanent residents of Ontario who are of the age of majority at the time of entry, and is not open to an employee of, a member of the immediate family of, or domiciled with an employee of LEAF. No purchase is necessary.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: “Entrant” means the person who submits a photograph through the contest platform at yourleaf.org/treehunt between 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on April 22, 2015 and the Contest End Date. Each photograph submitted by an Entrant counts as an entry into the Contest. There is no limit to the number of entries each Entrant can submit to the Contest.
Photographs must be:
- A maximum of 3 MB;
- In JPEG ( .jpg) format;
- Of a tree located in the city of Toronto that is submitted for entry;
- Void of nudity, foul language, or offensive imagery, all of which will be determined by the LEAF judging panel in its sole discretion.
The photograph itself must not have been previously submitted, in whole or in part, to any other Contest.
THE PHOTOGRAPH MUST HAVE BEEN TAKEN BY THE ENTRANT SUBMITTING IT and the photograph must have been taken in Toronto, Ontario.
Each entry must include a brief story along the following parameters:
- A minimum of 10 words;
- A maximum of 250 words;
- A true story, to the best of the Entrant’s knowledge
Each entry may be submitted into one (1) of the categories below:
- Heritage Potential
It is the Entrant’s responsibility to inform LEAF of the category of their submission, otherwise LEAF will place the entry into a category based on their own judgment. Judges reserve the right to place the entry in an appropriate category or remove a photo completely from the Contest should the photo be deemed inappropriate in general or not suitable for the category to which it was submitted. Photographs that are removed from the Contest are not eligible for any prize. Photographs that are placed in another category by the judges are only eligible to win a prize in the category into which the entry has been placed.
4. PUBLICATION AND COPYRIGHT
By submitting any photograph to the Contest, the Entrant grants LEAF a world-wide, royalty-free, irrevocable and non-exclusive right and license to use, copy,reprouce adapt, transmit, communicate, publicly display and perform, distribute and create compilations and derivate works or merchandise from any such submitted photograph to promote the Contest without any further compensation. By submitting a photograph to the Contest, the Entrant represents and warrants that s/he owns all the proprietary and intellectual property rights in the photograph/image and has the right to grant the license as set out above and further agrees to hold LEAF harmless for any claims or liability from or related to the use of the photograph.
5. VOTING: As of 12:00a.m., June 1 2015, all eligible entries will become available for voting by the public on the LEAF website. The voting will close at 11:59 p.m. on June 15, 2015. Up to 20 votes can be submitted per IP address. The five (5) entries with the most votes in each category will automatically become finalists in the Contest.
6. PRIZES: There are five (5) Prizes (the “Prize”) available to be won, each consisting of 250.00 CDN) to be made out by cheque in the Entrant’s name. The total value of all of the Prizes to be awarded is $1,250.00 CDN.
7. DECISION DATE: All entries will be reviewed by LEAF staff, who will provide a short list of finalists to Judges. Finalists will be judged by a panel of judges, as LEAF, in its sole discretion may appoint (“The Judges”). The Judges will determine the five (5) winning photographs based the merits of the photo and/or brief story as they relate to the submission category. Selection of the five (5) Prize-winning entries will be made in Toronto, Ontario by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time on June 22, 2015 (the “Decision Date”).
8. PRIZE AWARDING: If your submission is selected as a finalist, you will be provided specific instructions on what you are required to do in order to claim your Prize should you be selected as a winner. Prizes will be awarded only upon verification and final approval by LEAF. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of Prizes will be allowed
Finalists will be notified by phone and email at the phone number and email provided at the time of entry on June 16, 2015. Finalists will be required to sign a Declaration and Release Form within five (5) business days. If the finalist fails to complete the form within five (5) business days of notification, LEAF reserves the right to void that entry.
Winners will be notified in-person at an awards ceremony or by phone at the phone number provided at the time of entry within five (5) business days of the Decision Date. Prizes must be claimed within five (5) business days of notification. If any winner fails to claim their prize within the five (5) business days, LEAF will select another finalist for a Prize.
Finalists and winners will be announced publicly at an awards ceremony on June 24, 2015 in Toronto, Ontario.
9. GENERAL RULES: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and the decisions of LEAF, which are final. All Entrants release and forever discharge LEAF, their advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective affiliates, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of his/her participation in the Contest and/or the administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, the selection and awarding of the Prizes. LEAF will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries or Prizes. LEAF shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding any of the Prizes. In no event shall LEAF be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with this Contest and/or the Prizes, however arising, including negligence.
10. DISQUALIFICATION: LEAF is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or undermining or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as determined by LEAF will be disqualified. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of LEAF, which, in the sole opinion of LEAF, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper submission into the Contest, LEAF reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate this Contest or to amend the official Rules of the Contest.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.