- The Great Toronto Tree Hunt
- LEAF Learning Garden
- Let It Bee
- Maple Leaf Forever Tree
- Urban Forest Demonstration Gardens
- Urban Wood Utilization
- Young Urban Forest Leaders Program
- Youth EAB Ambassador Program
- Past Projects
If your yard meets our minimum space requirements, you can complete our online pre-visit questionnaire found at the end of step four - "Planting". Once we receive your questionnaire, we will contact you to book a site consultation.
The sooner you book your appointment, the wider the selection of trees you will have to choose from (some species are limited). You will need to be available for a two-hour window during working hours on a weekday. Some evening and weekend appointments are also available.
During your consultation we will:
- Assist you in selecting an appropriate species and site for your new tree
- Advise you on placement of shrubs
- Provide you with a customized information package suited to your backyard needs
- Help you identify any ash trees located on or near your property that may be susceptible to infestation by Emerald Ash Borer. We will also provide information on your options for treatment/removal of ash trees and replanting
- Request payment by cash, cheque, VISA or Mastercard
- Complete a siting form which will also act as your receipt
If you do not own the property you should have the property owner present for the site consultation, or provide a letter of permission signed by the property owner. You can download the property representative form here. It must be printed, signed and returned to LEAF by fax or mail prior to your site consultation.
If for any reason you decide not to purchase a tree at the time of the consultation, there is a $75 charge for the consultation ($84.75 with HST). The consultation is valid for the current planting season, so if you make the decision to purchase a tree following your consultation, the $75 you have paid will be deducted from the cost of your order, provided no species or location changes have been made.
If you decide to order only shrubs or a garden kit at the end of your consultation, you must pay the $75 consultation fee PLUS the cost of your shrubs and kits. The cost of the consultation is included only when you order a tree.
Please ensure your yard meets our minimum space requirements for trees before booking a consultation.
We require 48 hours notice for appointment cancellations or a $40 fee will apply.