Marketing and Communications Intern
We are currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Intern.This position is funded in part through the Eco Canada Internship Program. Applicants are encouraged to get pre-approved through the Eco-Canada website
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- recently graduated from a post-secondary institution
- 30 years of age or younger
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status
The lists below outline the major tasks; however additional tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Develop annual communications plan for the organization (with input from staff and Executive Director)
- Coordinate and monitor execution of the plan and modify as necessary throughout the year
- Prepare promotional plans/timelines for events with appropriate program staff
- Create and coordinate content for social media on all LEAF channels including specific campaigns as needed
- Design collateral
- Prepare reports
- Assist with solicitation and tracking of media
- Prepare and send weekly electronic newsletter
- Coordinate and edit blogs by staff and guest bloggers
- Assist with preparation and sending of other client/participation communications as necessary
- Ensure email/communications lists are kept up to date
- Update website as needed
- Prepare monthly metrics reports
- Oversee summer students/interns/volunteers assisting with above tasks
- Degree or diploma in communications/marketing or related field
- Knowledge of and experience working with new and emerging communications technologies
- At least 2 years’ work experience directly related to the responsibilities of this position
- Superior writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and drive to succeed
- Attention to detail and superior organization skills
- Ability to work independently, determine priorities, adhere to deadlines and multi-task
- Creative problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access, MailChimp, Drupal, Adobe Creative Suite, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms required
- Experience coordinating work of others in a team environment will be considered an asset
- Passion for the environment and knowledge of/commitment to urban forest issues an asset
Full time position (35-40 hrs/week). Six month contract with possiblity for extension. Reports to the Executive Director.
Please send resume and cover letter by Sunday, July 29, 2018 at midnight to: Janet McKay, Executive Director, janet[at]yourleaf.org.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted.
No phone calls or in-person visits please. We appreciate all applications, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.