Join LEAF's volunteer team and help our urban forest thrive!
Our volunteers play a critical role in helping us improve the urban forest. There are many ways that you can get involved depending on your skills, interests and availability. Please note that we only accept volunteers over the age of 18. Opportunities include:
- Community outreach and education: Represent LEAF at community events and talk with people about the Urban Forest and LEAF’s work. Share your tree knowledge and inspire others to take action. Participate in one-off events, or join LEAF's Outreach Team.
- Hands-on planting and stewardship: Participate in tree planting and stewardship events. Join a stewardship team that cares for the LEAF Learning Garden or one of our Urban Forest Demonstration Gardens.
- Tours and events: Assist on tree tours and other engaging educational events.
- Writing: Contribute to our blog and newsletter.
- Photography and video: Help capture our great LEAF moments.
- Office administration: Join LEAF staff in the office and help with administrative tasks.
We ask that you attend one of our upcoming Volunteer Orientations to get started. It's a great way to learn more about LEAF's work, meet other awesome people who are passionate about trees and to find out exactly how you can get involved.
If you have questions please contact Natalie at natalie[at]yourleaf.org or 416-413-9244 x15.
Hands-on Planting and Stewardship Events
Individuals and groups are invited to participate in our naturalization planting events. Help us plant native trees and shrubs while spending time outdoors!
Bridgeview Cordone Park, Richmond Hill - Thursday, September 27th, 2018. Learn more here!
For group volunteer opportunities, please contact Erin, erin[at]yourleaf.org, 416-413-9244 x12.